Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Funny Fashion Flashback #1

I love watching old movies to find fashion inspiration. The display of glittering gowns and elaborate hats always leaves me with a desire to embellish my wardrobe. Sometimes the trends I enjoy the most, are the ones I find the most bizarre.

I recently watched the original version of The Women (1939) (it was later remade in 2008), and felt inspired by its display of gorgeous fashion. Among some of the most interesting trends were the hats and headpieces, in particular a piece worn by Rosalind Russell's character, Silvia Fowler. When I saw it, I couldn't help but think of the Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 collection which debuted the famous "bunny ears". It turns out this trend was a remake as well.
Rosalind Russell in The Women (1939)
Jessica Stam in Louis Vuitton Fall 2009